How to Establish and Maintain a Naloxone Distribution Program
Event Date: August 28, 2017
Event Time: 9:30-11:00 AM
Multnomah County Health Department created five videos that meet the state’s requirements for naloxone training. You can access them here: http://tinyurl.com/oregonoverdose
Our train-the-trainer session supplements these basic training videos. Participants will:
- Get comfortable with the required training protocol (as covered in video)
- Learn additional material beyond the required protocol
- Learn more about the logistics of starting a naloxone program (ordering supplies, storage, data collection, etc.)
Community-based organizations may now purchase naloxone through the Multnomah County Health Department Pharmacy. If you would like to order naloxone, please let us know when you RSVP and we will send you all the necessary paperwork. This will only allow you to purchase a small amount of naloxone and does not fulfill the current clinical oversight requirement for a distribution program.
- Due to limited resources, we do not distribute naloxone kits at this training.
- It is not required to attend this training before starting your own program. This training is solely to build training capacity at your agency.
- State law currently requires that a licensed physician (MD or DO only) or nurse practitioner provide clinical supervision of naloxone trainers. However, legislation recently passed that removed this requirement and may be in effect as early as Oct 2017. This legislation may also ease other training requirements in the existing law.
RSVP is required. Spots may be limited. RSVP to: email@example.com. If necessary, we may need to cap the number of participants per agency.