How to Establish and Maintain a Naloxone Distribution Program
Event Date: October 26, 2017
Event Time: 9:30-11:00 AM
Multnomah County Health Department’s Train-the-Trainer session supplements five training videos they created.
- Get comfortable with the training protocol (as covered in video)
- Learn additional material beyond the protocol
- Learn more about the logistics of starting a naloxone distribution program (ordering supplies, storage, data collection, etc.)
Community-based organizations may now purchase naloxone through the Multnomah County Health Department Pharmacy. If you would like to order naloxone, please let us know when you RSVP and we will send you all the necessary paperwork. This will only allow you to purchase a small amount of naloxone and does not fulfill the current clinical oversight requirement for a distribution program.
- Due to limited resources, we do not distribute naloxone kits at this training.
- It is not required to attend this training before starting your own program. This training is solely to build training capacity at your agency.
- State law currently requires that a licensed physician (MD or DO only) or nurse practitioner provide clinical supervision of naloxone trainers. However, legislation recently passed that removed this requirement and may be in effect as early as Oct 2017.
RSVP is required. Spots may be limited. RSVP to: email@example.com. If necessary, we may need to cap the number of participants per agency.